April Bookpile

April kicked off with me caving in and purchasing the next book in the Divergent series, which is at least a million times better and more gripping than Divergent. I was so enthusiastic about this book that I wrote a whole drunken rant and emailed it to Lipsy, you can read it here (mortified).

In my last bookpile post, I promised I'd read some grown up books in April. I have read 3. Just Kids was gifted to me while in New Zealand by one of my dearest friends, who said the book reminded her of me. I could not have read this book at a better time in my life, as I start new projects and go down a new path in life, I feel like being gifted this book at this time is the universes way of telling me everything is on track.

The Marriage Plot however, is dull. Dull dull dull, I've never wanted a book to end so quickly.

Cinder is a wonderful retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale, with a bit of a dystopian spin. Generally I shy away from fairytale retellings but this one involved robots so, winning. I read the whole thing on the train back from Glasgow and cannot wait to get my mitts on the next book in the series.

I found The Last Werewolf (and the rest of the books in this series) on a pile of books at work marked FREE, who doesn't love a good werewolf I thought, taking them all home on the sly. The opening novel is pretty good, probably aimed at men, has a Buffy reference on page 31, and I've enjoyed it. I love a good werewolf, me.

1 comment:

  1. Yes and yes: Just Kids is special and The Marriage Plot is crap. Such a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete